Are you a high school student interested in a health-related career?
Any student entering or currently in high school who has a cumulative 2.5 GPA or above, wants to apply to colleges and/or universities, and is specifically interested in a health related career is invited to apply to the Health Scholars of Promise program. This college preparation program provides students with general and health-specific resources, mentoring, and support services to help them prepare to apply to the schools of their choice. The program also provides support throughout students' college careers.
Benefits of being a Health Scholar of Promise:
- Opportunities to visits college and university campuses, both in Montana and nationally, in conjunction with Hopa Mountain's other two Scholars of Promise programs
- Option to participate in a summer college preparation retreat hosted at a Montana university campus with exposure to biomedical degree options, health science career choices, and time with current health professionals
- Access to training and coaching meetings to help you prepare to apply to colleges/universities and succeed once you are there
- Assistance with university essays, application/testing fees, financial aid, and finding scholarships and their applications
- Mentor and peer support from undergraduate and graduate students in the health sciences throughout college
- Recognition through participation in the Health Scholars of Promise program
- Continued support throughout college based on individual students' needs